Winter weather can be unpredictable and dangerous, and it's important to be prepared for any situation that may arise while you're on the road. This means having an emergency kit on hand just in case!
Here's what should be in your winter emergency kit:
- A blanket: A warm blanket can help you stay warm in case you get stuck in your car for an extended period.
- Water and non-perishable snacks: It's important to stay hydrated and have some food on hand in case you get stranded.
- A flashlight: A flashlight can be useful for seeing in the dark or signaling for help.
- Jumper cables: Dead batteries are a common issue in cold weather, and jumper cables can help you get your car started if you need to.
- A first aid kit: Accidents can happen, and it's important to have a basic first aid kit on hand in case of any injuries.
- Tire chains: If you live in an area that gets a lot of snow, tire chains can help you get better traction on slippery roads.
- An ice scraper: An ice scraper can help you clear ice and snow off your windshield, so you can see while driving.
- A bag of sand or cat litter: Sand or cat litter can be used to help provide traction if your car gets stuck in the snow.
- A shovel: A shovel can be useful for digging your car out of deep snow or for creating a path if you need to walk.
- Extra warm clothing and boots: It's important to have extra layers of warm clothing and a pair of waterproof boots in case you get stuck in the cold.
If you need assistance getting your vehicle ready for winter, we invite you to bring your vehicle to Chicane Motorsport today!